Writers@Work invites you to submit to the Annual Writing Competition.
- Winners in each genre are published in Quarterly West and receive $1,000 or full scholarship to the Writers at Work Generative Conference
- Open November 15, 2017 to January 31, 2018
- Online submissions only. Fee: $20/submission
Poetry: Paisley Rekdal
The Writers @ Work Annual Writing Competition is a great opportunity for emerging writers to have their work vetted by a talented panel of judges, well-known in their respective fields. Submissions are accepted in fiction, nonfiction, and poetry.
- $1,000 OR full scholarship to the Writers@Work Generative Conference (June 6-10, 2018 at Alta Lodge, Alta, UT)
- Publication in Quarterly West.
- Any writer who has not yet published a book-length volume of original work in the genre in which they submit a manuscript;
- If your work is accepted elsewhere for publication before the contest deadline, please withdraw your manuscript in Submittable. Note: The entrance fee is non-refundable.
- Unpublished work only. .Work appearing in online journals is considered published. Work on personal websites or blogs is considered unpublished;
- Previous winners are not eligible in the genre in which they have won;
- Board members are prohibited from submitting manuscripts during their tenure on the board;
- Current and former students of the judges are ineligible to submit in those categories;**
- You may enter multiple submissions per category and/or submissions in multiple categories. A reading fee is required for each entry.
- Your submission must have all identifying information removed. If your name appears on the submission, your entry will be disqualified;
- Remove all identifying information from your submission. This includes the body of the manuscript (change names if necessary) and the submission file name.;
- Please indicate the word count of your submission on the first page;
- If your name appears in the submission or its file name, your entry will be disqualified. There will be no refunds;
- Please submit your work through our online submissions manager. The submissions manager keeps a record of your name, contact information, and submitted texts, which are kept blind from the readers and judges.
- W@W Annual Writing Competition no longer accepts paper submissions.